So you can’t avoid eating on the road: Before you grab a coffee and jelly doughnut to go, here are the TOP 10 worst foods to eat while driving:
2. Hot soup. Many people drink it like coffee and run the same risk.
3. Tacos. Any food that can disassemble itself will leave your car looking like a salad bar and you looking away from the road.
4. Chili dogs. Huge potential for drips and slops down the front of your clothes.
5. Hamburgers. From the grease to the toppings, it could end up on your hands and the steering wheel.
6. Ribs and wings. What’s more distracting than licking your fingers?
7. Fried chicken. More greasy hands. You’ve got to wipe them off while you’re driving.
8. Jelly doughnuts. It’s not possible to eat one without watching the center ooze out.
9. Soda. Carbonation. Fizz in the nose. Lids that leak. Disaster.
10. Chocolate. Try to clean melted chocolate off the steering wheel without swerving.
Source: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration and Virginia Tech Transportation Institute